[DRBD-user] Commands freeze when accessing drbd device.

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Jan 10 19:31:55 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 10:17 +0100, Francis SOUYRI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to access a drbd device, the command used freeze like that:
>
> [root at noeud1 ~]# drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say
> [root at noeud1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/drbd0
> dd: writing to `/dev/drbd0': No space left on device
> 262145+0 records in
> 262144+0 records out
> **** no return ****

>     on noeud1 {
>         device           /dev/drbd0;
>         disk             /dev/vgroot/lvnamed;
>         address          10.1.1.1:7788;
>         meta-disk        internal;
>     }

Remember that with internal metadata the last 128MB of the disk are
reserved. I've never used internal much so I can't say for sure, but
this sounds like it could easily be caused by trying to write to that
reserved section of the disk.

Try mke2fs again and explicitly specify the size of the disk as 128MB
smaller than the real size.

Corey