[DRBD-user] meta-disk

Chip Burke cburke at innova-partners.com
Thu Jan 5 18:05:17 CET 2006

***Ugh, replied directly to Corey and not the list. Here is it is for the
list.

Hrm, back to the drawing board then. What is a typical situation then? For
instance, if I make a change to httpd.conf on one machine in the cluster, is
there a way for it to automatically update on the other machine so if it has
to take over the configs are correct? I am certain I am missing something
being a newbie at this. Is Heartbeat the answer for the above?

So is a more typical situation:

Use drbd to replicate /usr /home /var

Then heartbeat does something to keep the /etc/ type things in sync? Sorry
to be so dense here. I know the tools involved, just not exactly where each
one comes into play. Again, the end goal is essentially to have a fail over
box that automatically kicks in and operates exactly as its primary in case
of the primary failure, Apache in this case and if that works  suppose I can
apply this to most anything.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I would be all over the linux-ha examples,
but all of their docs are blank... ie:
http://www.linux-ha.com/GettingStarted/ApacheWithSharedDisk is empty.

Chip Burke