[DRBD-user] upgrade procedure for 0.7.5 to 0.7.15

Musard, Kris Kris.Musard at spirentcom.com
Tue Jan 3 21:02:18 CET 2006

I am planning to upgrade my drbd installation from 0.7.5 to 0.7.15.  Is the
following procedure correct?

1) Shutdown drbd on both nodes
2) Backup my /etc/drbd.conf
3) Remove the existing drbd RPMS
4) Install the new drbd RPMS
5) Put my drbd.conf back in place
6) Restart drbd

If any one knows of any issues I should watch out for I would greatly
appreciate it.  Also is it safe to upgrade drbd on the secondary node in my
cluster, failover then upgrade the primary node.  I do not plan to do that
this time, but I would like to know in case I find myself having to upgrade
drbd with minimal downtime for the cluster.

Thank You,

Kris Musard
Senior Software Analyst
Service Assurance - Broadband