[DRBD-user] drbd solution for distant sites ? (4MB line)

Romain BOTTAN romain.bottan at celsecat.com
Thu Feb 23 17:28:14 CET 2006

Hello,
I know drbd for just one month,
I've set up cluster solutions with heartbeat and drbd, all works well
with a gigabit link to play with file sync.

Now they want to put some distance between the two nodes -- just 700 Kms :)
the link will be a vpn connection up to 2 or 4 MB :(
I've made some computes and as there is some 400 GB to synchronize, it
takes minimum 18 days to make the first sync if we stay in 2MB :(
After this period I expect that synchronization would ask for less
resources... but is DRBD capable to function with such a link ?

I would know if DRBD is a good solution for my problem or we need to use
another way to make a common file server synchronized for our two sites.

thank you for your answers, but first, thank you for the program, it
works perfectly on short-linked nodes ;)