AW: [DRBD-user] rate limit is 700M?

Saul, Markus Markus.Saul at danet.de
Tue Feb 14 15:30:00 CET 2006

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Well, I think it's important (at least to myself) not to loose the overview of the used units. Especially in the area of bits and bytes, since they are mostly loosely used. Not only in the verbal but also the written language.

And I stepped myself into the trap:
I wrote
>If the unit is meant to be MBytes/s (or MiBytes),... it would mean that the
> base is 2, this gives you speeds of  2^x like 1024 MBytes/s, this divided
> by 8 gives 128M.

This is just wrong in this case, because the speed of the network link is 1 Gbit/s so it is 1024 Mbit/s  with the base of 2.  So just replace the MByte/MiByte With MBit in above paragraph. With a base of 10 it would be 1000 mbit/s and 125M as setting for drbd.