[DRBD-user] udev timeout

Christoph Mitasch christoph.mitasch at fh-hagenberg.at
Mon Feb 13 17:41:44 CET 2006

Hi all!

I'm using DRBD 0.7.15 on CentOS 4.2.

I've some problems with UDEV_TIMEOUT.
By default the DRBD init script waits for 10 seconds for the DRBD device
to appear.
When doing some tests it happened several times that the timeout value
was too small and DRBD was not started successfully because the DRBD
device has not yet been created by udev.

As a workaround I increased the UDEV_TIMEOUT via /etc/default/drbd to 30
seconds but I'm looking forward to find a cleaner and faster;) solution
for that.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Christoph