[DRBD-user] mysql on drdb or mysql replication

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Fri Feb 10 18:03:19 CET 2006

Pierre Ancelot wrote:
[..]
> Let's say a first node write down it's changes in files
> The next node won't be aware of those changes and will write down it's
> own changes.
>
> Result, the changes of the first node will be erased.

I cannot belive that there is no locking mechanism to avoid such situations.

If you dont have the need for Loadbalanced extreme highperformance with
ultra heavy load, Keep it simple as possible.

We had good experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL running on DRBD disks
(10+ Production Clusters)

Anyway: If someone has experience with loadbalanced MySQL installation,
I'm happy to hear some reports.

rgds

Luc