[DRBD-user] mysql on drdb or mysql replication

Nate Reed nreed at awarix.com
Fri Feb 10 16:14:13 CET 2006

I've never done mysql replication, but if you are already using DRBD and
have an existing database you can simply move the data (eg
/var/lib/mysql) to a drbd partition, replace the directory with a
symlink and it works great without any additional setup.

Am I correct that mysql replication would allow multiple active nodes
while drbd limits you to a basic active/passive configuration?