[DRBD-user] mkfs hangs with lastest drbd branch build and FC4 kernel

Stefan Pietsch stefan.pietsch at eds.com
Mon Feb 6 09:23:31 CET 2006

Philipp Reisner wrote:

> Very strange. And you have verified three times by reading the
> SVN version string from /proc/drbd loud to your room-mates that you
> loaded the right module ?
>
> In case you have, please provide more information which processes
> are hanging around where.
>
> Use 'ps -axo pid,wchan=WIDE-WCHAN-COLUMN -o comm'
> and report all drbd_ threads, the mkfs command and all pdflush
> threads.

cat /proc/drbd

version: 0.7.15 (api:77/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2057 build by root at hostname, 2006-02-02 09:38:47
  0: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ld:Consistent
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:4 dr:32 al:0 bm:127 lo:2 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

ps axo pid,wchan=WIDE-WCHAN-COLUMN -o comm | grep drbd

   184 drbd_md_sync_page pdflush
  2040 -                 drbd0_worker
  2053 -                 drbd0_receiver
  2360 drbd_al_begin_io  mkfs.ext3

ps axo pid,wchan=WIDE-WCHAN-COLUMN -o comm | grep flush

   183 pdflush           pdflush
   184 drbd_md_sync_page pdflush