[DRBD-user] Heartbeat configuration for OCFS2 on DRBD

Christian Rishøj christian at rishoj.net
Thu Dec 21 17:23:50 CET 2006

I have set up a replicated filesystem using OCFS2 on a DRBD device in
Primary/Primary mode with a dedicated GBit interconnect. It seems to
work like a charm.

Now comes heartbeat. What are best practices for setting this up in
the Primary/Primary situation? In particular:

1) I want both nodes to come up as primary on boot How to ensure this?

2) Should I leave mounting to heartbeat?

3) Though a link failure is highly unlikely, I would like to avoid a
split-brain scenario in case it does happen. Does heartbeat ensure this?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards,
Christian