[DRBD-user] It is possible to change partner none's address on the fly?

Igor Yu. Zhbanov bsg at uniyar.ac.ru
Tue Dec 19 16:16:09 CET 2006

Hello!

Suppose, I have two nodes connected by two network links. And I want
to make network connection between DRBDs to be redundant. I don't
want to use anything like Zebra to make software link over two hardware
links to make it high available because any layers adds additional latancy.

So, I am curious, is it possible to dynamically change info about DRBD's
partner node inside running DRBD without restart? It will be nice to have
two hardware links and monitor script that will change DRBD's representation
what link to use to find the partner node upon master link failure. And you
will get redundant channel for DRBD synchronization without any overheads.

Thanks.