[DRBD-user] drbd trunk in x86_64

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 1 10:56:02 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-31 11:07:41 -0700
\ Carson Gaspar:
> >>Whould it be possible to make drbd aware of multiple interfaces, so if
> >>one breaks an alternative could be used to to communicate?
> >
> >not drbd's problem.  use bonding for that.
> > # modinfo bonding
> > # less /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt
>
> It would be useful to directly support multiple IPs, especially in the
> case where one has multiple networks available (say, drbd + heartbeat
> and prod), and network ports are exhausted on the server.

monitor your network, and take action when the link fails.
this is all logic that is neither neccessary nor desirable within drbd.
if there is a network problem drbd is not "Connected" anyways.
so you just can monitor your network connections and trigger a
"drbdsetup /dev/drbdX net your.new:addr ess.es.and:ports C"
and there you are.

If you really think that it would be usefull, we could allow for a list
of IPs to be specified in the drbd.conf file.
but we probably won't  add logic into drbd itself to chose one of those.

> Not as useful as 0.8's active/active, but useful ;-)
>
> (And what is it with this 0.x versioning scheme? drbd passed 1.0 a
> long time ago. Not that drbd is the only project with more time in 0.x
> than Chinese Democracy, but...)

you did not notice that we silently dropped the 0., so the upcomming
version is not 0.8 but 8.0 ...
maybe the 0. is lurking still somewhere in odd places, but it should
have been dropped everywhere.