[DRBD-user] secondary need mkfs also?

robert robert at estrell.com
Wed Sep 28 18:08:43 CEST 2005

I am using drbd .7.11 and seems to be working good.
I just want to know if I have implemented the drbd devices
correctly.

on the master computer I did
drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/hdb1 internal -1
then I made the drbd0 a primary and did
mkfs.ext3 /dev/drbd0 so it will take care of
the 128 Meta data.

Do I need to mkfs.ext3 /dev/drbd0 on the slave also?
or it is enough just to create a drbd0 device on the slave
computer? because once it synced with the
master drbd0, it will sync the file system
on the secondary anyway.

thanks,