[DRBD-user] Re: CVS repository replication with DRBD

Gernot Schmied gernot.schmied at chello.at
Sat Sep 24 10:59:58 CEST 2005

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> / 2005-09-22 12:20:07 -0500
> \ Todd Denniston:
>

>>>Please anyone answer to my questions . Thank you.
>>
>>Sorry, I have not yet gotten permission to release the cvs_ha script I
>>wrote.
>

> that is just stupid.
>

>>Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane)
>

> but you probably can not do anything about it :-/

Boy am I happy I don't work for the military. There are tons of
information about Polaris missiles and weapons/sensor arrays all over
the net but you most likely require the signature of some admiral or
secretary of defense to release a shell script :-))). That raises the
question whether locked up military code uses and open source licenses
are not intrinsically mutually exclusive.

O tempora o mores!
Gernot