[DRBD-user] CVS repository replication with DRBD

Shashi Kanth Boddula sboddula at novell.com
Thu Sep 22 11:11:23 CEST 2005

Hi

I am using DRBD on SLES9 to replicate the CVSNT repository . It is
working fine , but i have some questions on DRBD .

-- Although i am using DRBD , i want to take the daily backup of  data
to a tape drive . I want to take the backup from the secondary DRBD
machine only (every day) . Is this is possible ?   . I know that , we
can't mount the secondary machine's DRBD partition onto the filesystem .
I am not interested to Chane the secondary to primary on every day for
backup purpose .

-- If i am using DRBD with Linux HA (heartbeat) , if the primary DRBD
node goes down , the secondary DRBD node automatically changes to
primary ?  ( I don't want to manually execute the commands to change
from secondary to primary ) .

Please anyone answer to my questions . Thank you.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi Kanth