[DRBD-user] drbd size limit

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 16 10:46:25 CEST 2005

/ 2005-09-16 03:56:25 -0400
\ David Bernick:

> >there are some other counter values for various things.
> >these may or may not be 32bit integers
> >
> if i'm building on a 64-bit machine, do i have to change code or will the limit be hyptothetically increased
> simply by using a 64-bit architecture? i understand that you might not have a definite answer, but what's your
> "gut" say?

well.
"long" will be "native", i.e. 32bit for x86, 64bit on amd64.
if they are defined as "int", they are however 32bit even on 64bit arch.
if some of those wraps, things will break.
not neccessarily imediately and obvious,
more likely subtile and corrupting things under specific circumstances.
just doing a global subtitute /int/long/ however will break other things.
so it may get tricky for you somewhere along the way.

> >if it does not work ... oops :-/
> >
> at this point it's just experimenting anyhow, so that's okay.
> i'll let you guys know when i try it.

"have a lot of fun"

	:)