[DRBD-user] sock_sendmsg timeout count down: ko=4294967295

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Sep 15 20:49:23 CEST 2005

Alessandro Ferrari wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     this is my configuration:
>     - DRBD version: 0.6.13 (api:64/proto:62)
>     - kernel 2.4.18 SMP
>
>     I read this error message in /var/log/kernel/errors:
>
>     drbd0: [drbd_syncer_0/21438] sock_sendmsg timeout count down:
> ko=4294967295
>
>     What does it means?

What you are looking for is information about ko counts.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ko+count+site%3Alists.linbit.com%2Fpipermail%2Fdrbd-user%2F&btnG=Search

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-February/000139.html
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-February/000118.html
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-April/000572.html

Summary of ko from Lars Ellenberg (see 000118.html above):
'"ko-count", which defaults to 0, (and then
wraps around to 2**32-1 on the first count down, thus the high
value). As soon as ko-count reaches zero (countdown every
ping-intervall while block communication is stalled), the
connection is teared down, and primary goes "StandAlone".'

--
Todd Denniston