[DRBD-user] Changes in 0.7.12

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Wed Sep 7 16:48:26 CEST 2005

Michael Paesold wrote:
> Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

>> # time vserver vs03 stop
>> [...]
>> real    0m12.327s
>> user    0m0.204s
>> sys     0m0.137s

> Thanks for this information. It's quite similar to the times I get for a
> full guest shutdown/boot with a minimal xen guest. What kind of hardware
> is this?

My workstation;-)
An Athlon XP 2500, 1 GB, DRBD on LVM on IDE/pATA/UDMA 133, DRBD
connection over 100 Mbit LAN/Switch. But the most time consuming part is

Stopping web server: Apache2.
Sending all processes the TERM signal...done.
Sending all processes the KILL signal...done.

waiting (TERM).

Helmut Wollmersdorfer