[DRBD-user] xen on drbd (or vice versa) [was: Changes in 0.7.12]

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 7 16:07:32 CEST 2005

/ 2005-09-07 15:32:43 +0200
\ Michael Paesold:
> Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>
> >I still don't see at all how the "disable_bd_claim" would help in
> >any way?
>
> You are right. It does not help because the device is still read-only.
> As described in my other post right now, Xen will recognise that the
> device is read-only and not accept it.  I will probably have to talk
> the Xen guys into changing this. I am not sure it is feasable.
>
> Another option would be the current trunk version of drbd
> (Primary/Primary), but I guess you could not recommend using it. Is
> the on-disk storage compatible with 0.7? Can 0.7 partitions be
> upgraded to trunk?

even then, it would be nonsense.

the client (guest) system will assume exclusive access, so no other
system may have write access, even less so on the node that is
drbd secondary.

you are on the wrong track.

you have to switch the drbd device into primary mode before you start
your guest systems. regardless of drbd version.