[DRBD-user] Changes in 0.7.12

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Wed Sep 7 14:20:48 CEST 2005

Michael Paesold wrote:

First, 0.7.12 has a bug invented. You should better move to 0.7.13.

> this is my first post to the list, so a short introduction. I am from
> Vienna/Austria. Currently I am trying to use drbd backed devices as vbds in
> Xen and have live migration work.

Tell more ...

I do not understand live migration in _detail_, as I am unexperienced
with Xen.
Does it mean, that you 'xm [create|destroy] [path-to-drbd-device]' the
guests?

I do a similar thing with with linux-vserver. Just[1] mount a DRBD
device as root '/' of a vserver guest, and then 'vserver <guest>
[start|stop|status]' via heartbeat. Works nice (now in pre-production test).

[1] The devil is in the details;-)

Helmut Wollmersdorfer