AW: [DRBD-user] How to customize the size of a DRBD partition ?

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Tue Sep 6 13:21:57 CEST 2005

Hi Fabrice,

> > If you're using metadata internal you _MUST_ create the
> > filesystem on the drbd device, not on the
> > /dev/hdxxx device.

> We have created the filesystem with the command
> mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hdaxx

Please carefully reread the two previous statements and see if they tell
you something :-)

* Backup any data you don't want to lose that's currently stored on
drbd.

* Recreate the filesystem using
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/drbd0

You'll now have a filesystem with aprox. 128MB free space and you won't
have any more errors "access beyond end of device".

> disk {
>   on-io-error pass_on;

I don't know your application but for all setups I did pass_on would be
the worst choice. You either want to fail over to the other node (panic
on I/O error, let the cluster manager handle the failover) or you want
to continue running on the current node (use detach, get good data from
the other node).

Bye, Martin