[DRBD-user] Procedure for connection fo new device

Varun Menghani varun.menghani at airtightnetworks.net
Mon Sep 5 16:45:59 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm using drbd 0.7.11 with heartbeat.
I had 2 systems running drbd. Both of them were in the consistent state.
Now I had to replace one system.
I configured a new system with the same settings that were there on the
old one and plugged it in.
The 2 devices did sync up again, but then I was getting the following
error on the new device :

drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 0
drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 1
drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 2
drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 3
drbd0: Not in Primary state, no IO requests allowed
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 4
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 5
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 6
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 7
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 8
Buffer I/O error on device drbd0, logical block 9

Also I found that I was unable to mount the drbd partition on the new
device.

I also to know whether I need to follow any other steps before
replacing a fresh device.

Regards,
Varun.

--