[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD - Read-only mode file system after failure

Tom Gissel trgissel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 18:54:34 CEST 2005

Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at ...> writes:

> have a look into syslog.
>
> did you by any chance use internal meta data, but created the file
> system on the underlying block device, instead of on /dev/drbd ?
>
> do you use a buggy kernel (bio_clone)?

Thanks Lars.  Indeed I did "use internal meta data, but created the file system
on the underlying block device". I created the fs on /dev/hda5, but will now try
creating the fs on /dev/nbX.

Relatedly, if the underlying block device, e.g. /dev/hda3, already has a
filesystem do I have to delete it before creating the overlayed fs on drbd?
Should I copy the files off the existing filesystem then create the filesystem
on drbd and copy the data back over?

thanks,
Tom