[DRBD-user] Re: Manual sync.

Roy Keene rkeene at psislidell.com
Thu Oct 13 01:01:53 CEST 2005

All,

 	I recieved some replies to this, but I think the question has been
misunderstood.

The backing device on the two machines were once componentns in a DRBD
array.  One of the machines (machine-2) was turned off and time passed
(several weeks) so many changes occured on machine-1.  DRBD's sync method
is VERY slow and mostly stalling on my VPN link, it is estimated that it
will take atleast 2 months for the 60GB of data to sync using DRBD's sync.

I can sync it much faster using a method outside of drbd and making the
backing device on both machines identical.  DRBD doesn't seem to be aware
of my manual sync and happily tries to continue its own sync.  My question
is:  How can I tell DRBD that my "Inconsistent" component is really
Consistent ?

 	Roy Keene
 	Planning Systems Inc