[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Wed Oct 12 10:31:31 CEST 2005

> I'll come back when we have more information.

It turns out that it was rather stupid of me to discard the advice about
applying bio_clone() fix.  On the other hand, I was sufficiently
diligent to check it despite I did not believe it ;-)

Anyway, the 2.6.11.12 system with this
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/linux-2.6.12.y.git;a=commitdiff;h=60372783e59079bdfd3ba0477e1907669249a489
patch applied, and filesystem mounted on drbd, works for almost 24 hours
now under production load, and no filesystem errors happened so far.

Now that we are trying to recall the course of events, apparently we did
observe troubles when we ran 2.6.10 kernel, but they where *not*
filesystem errors.  Rather, they where random freezes and/or panics that
we did not thoroughly investigate before switching to 2.6.11.12.  Which
did not freeze, but began to give us filesystem errors.

Sorry for causing confusion.

So far, we ran without drbd synchronization, to avoid possible
interference with network activity; now we are starting sync.  I'll come
back and report how successful we are in a few days, or when another
problem happens, whichever happens first ;-)

Eugene