[DRBD-user] Build & Installation of drbd-0.7.14.tar.gz on Boxed SUSE 10.0 x86_64

LLLActive@GMail.com lllactive at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:31:49 CET 2005

Hi all,

I installed drbd-0.7.14.tar.gz on a x86_64 system. I corresponded
earlier with Lars. I have the problem that the /dev/drbdX drivers are
not present in /etc.

Lars said that the devices are created when needed. Are they created
during the build or installation, or when DRBD starts?

How I did it:
I have DRBD built and installed on a new pair of Novell SUSE Linux 10.0
x86_64 driven servers each with a 3ware logical disk. All went well so
far. I have successfully completed all the installation steps up to
creating RPM's (according to the "How to install and build DRBD").

I'm now about to configure the drbd.conf file in /etc. When I look for
the /dev/drbdX devices at this stage, there is nothing, as mentioned
under "Again, on the command line" in the "Howto get started with DRBD
0.7".

How can I create the devices myself?

Thanx

:-)