[DRBD-user] Re: Problems with configuration

Yann Forget yann.forget at goelaan.ch
Thu Nov 24 14:02:36 CET 2005

Hi,

Andrés Cañada a écrit :
> I forgot to make node1 primary!! Sorry.
> Ok. After changing node1 status to primary, I can see
> Nov 24 12:39:46 node1 kernel: drbd0: Secondary/Unknown --> Primary/Unknown

I have seen this behaviour in my cluster.
It seems that the nodes needs time to connect and exchange information
about their status (more than a few minutes), maybe depending on the
size of the DBRD device (1.2 TB in my case). I couldn't figure how this
delay is used or defined.

Finally, simply waiting, I always got the system right back on tracks.
I think that this requires at least more documentation, and maybe more
logs from DRBD.

> then, I mount /dev/drbd0 (I have a line in /etc/fstab
> like: /dev/drbd0      /www    auto    defaults,noauto 0       0)
> and I supose when the HOWTO says <<edit some files, unmount it, make that node
> Secondary,>> it means that I have to make changes in /www (where I
> mount /dev/drbd0), isn't it??
> That's what I do, and after unmounting /www I make node1 secondary with
> #drbdadm secondary all. Then I go to node2 and make it primary
> and mount /dev/drbd0 there (I got the same line in /etc/fstab).
>
> But I can't see any changes in /www at node2.
> Any idea of why not?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Andrés.

Regards,