[DRBD-user] Re: Unable to make DRBD Resource Secondary

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 14 16:51:00 CET 2005

> Also as Tom said "What information should we supply, debug information, to
> help you debug the problem", and how do we trap the data, the next time it
> happens?

well. Tom "pretended" to umount, using umount -f ...

otherwise: if "it" happens the next time, i.e.
  you think drbd should become secondary, but it refuses with
  "somebody has still opened me for write access" or something like
  that, and neither fuser nor lsof can tell you who.

try to reduce the process list.
have a look at it: something in there that somewhen in its lifetime
might have accessed the device?
if yes: kill it, if possible.
does drbd still refuse to become secondary?
repeat.

otherwise, I think your setup should be ok.