[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 13:05:54 CET 2005

Hello Eugene, Lars and list,

fortunately during the time our main server (with scsi hardware raid5) was in
repair and when we had to rely on the failover system with ide software raid,
we didn't experience any corruptions. At least nothing easy to notice. Of
course, also with main+failover system there are no corruptions.

> I currently have a couple of spare Dells, similar to that I have
> reliably running in production.  I'll try to verify my findings on them,
> and then be back.

With all you hardware you have, I guess you also have ECC memory? We also
always monitor our memory with bluesmoke (bluesmoke.sf.net). Recent versions
also have "PCI bus parity error handling".
From my point of view it should be always used on any server system.

Cheers,
	Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de