[DRBD-user] Re: Unable to make DRBD Resource Secondary

Joachim Banzhaf joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de
Thu Nov 10 07:24:08 CET 2005

Hi Tom,

Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 00:53 schrieb Tom Gissel:
> > You may want to, instead of grepping for files on the mount, grep for
> > the name of your drbd device node.
>
> This did not help.
>
> node1:~ # lsof | grep nb
> node1:~ #
>
> Could you please tell me how drbd determines if there is something residing
> on the device?  Obviously not via lsof ;).

IIRC the kernel (the drbd kernel module or an even lower level) has a use
count on the devices.
Usually, if I cannot find something via lsof or fuser, then its the kernel
itself who uses the device. Most of the time then it is the kernel nfs
server.
I dont know of a general rule how to find the culprit - although i'd like to,
so please tell me/the list, if you find out :-)

Joachim Banzhaf