[DRBD-user] Unable to make DRBD Resource Secondary

Tom Gissel trgissel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 23:19:58 CET 2005

Using drbd-0.7.5-0.18 on SLES 9 Patch 2 I occationally run into a problem where
I'm unable to make a drbd resource secondary.  When I run the command I receive
the followin:

node1:/usr/sbin/rsct/sapolicies/drbd # drbdadm down r1
ioctl(,SET_STATE,) failed: Device or resource busy
Someone has opened the device for RW access!
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/nb1 down' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm aborting

However, the mount point is not even mounted and when I perform an lsof there is
nothing on the disk

node1: lsof  | grep /shared1 | wc -l
0

Can someone please provide guidence?