[DRBD-user] Double disconnect problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Nov 8 14:55:36 CET 2005

/ 2005-11-08 11:23:14 +0100
\ taibi souad:
> hello,
>
> I use drbd-0.7.7 with Redhat-7.3, The connection between the nodes of
> the cluster passes through a VPN link.

please try again with 0.7.14.
that should at least, instead of going StandAlone, do some more
connection retries when the connection is lost during WFReportParams.

> Here are the logs. In particular I'd like to know how I should
> interpret the 20-second delays between Unconnected --> WFConnection
> and WFConnection --> WFReportParams. Could a network outage cause
> this? If so how?

drbd does not try to connect and listen at the same time, but tries to
connect for the configured "connect-int" timespan, then listens for the
same amount of time, then again connect(), then again listen(), ...
this could probably be improved; but it works.