[DRBD-user] How do I reconfigure a device

Jeremy Bowen jeremyb at iserve.co.nz
Mon Nov 7 21:19:57 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:50 pm, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > I've also tried:
> > /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 resize -d 62661501
> > but this results in the same dmesg entry as above.
>
> if we have seen our peer, we remember the "last agreed" size.
> you are not allowed to grow beyond that in stand alone, at least not
> using these tools.

The device has never been connected to a peer.
However, if I want to start all over again, how do I do this ? Is there some
way of resetting the drbd parameters ?
I don't care about the data stored on the volume, I just want to start again.
I'd prefer to do this without having to wipe my low level partitions. It is
possible ?

> > If I do a:
> > /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
> > I get the following
> >
> > Lower device: 08:05   (sda5)
> > Meta device: 08:06   (sda6)
> > Meta index: 0
> > Disk options:
> >  size = 62661501 KB
> >
> > However filesystem operations fail and the volume eg:
> > /sbin/mke2fs -j /dev/drbd0
> > mke2fs 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
> > /dev/drbd0: Read-only file system while setting up superblock
>
> to mkfs or resizefs or anything like that, drbd need to be primary.

I'm pretty sure there is a bug because issuing:
/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
indicates a size of 62661501 KB

However the dmesg from the driver only recognises 59000 KB so there seems to
be two conflicting sizes associated with the device.

Thanks

--
Jeremy Bowen
Systems Administrator