[DRBD-user] Active node conflict

jlarrea at gadisa.es jlarrea at gadisa.es
Wed Nov 2 08:41:25 CET 2005

Hi all,
Today morning I've noticed that I was not able to access to my files stored
on a RH-EL 3 (Kernel 2.4) + Heartbeat, stonith and drbd 0.7.11 samba
cluster. The question is that I see the two nodes up, one of them with drbd
resources acquired, but the other one with samba processes up. I've
restarted one of them and everything solved, but I don't know what
happened. I'm thinking on a network failure during night, but not sure. May
be both nodes lost heartbeat connection and decided to be 'Active' and when
network restores connection they don't know what to do, notr sure. But what
can I do to prevent this?
 Regards
Javier