[DRBD-user] xen, drbd, lvm, kernel oops

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Nov 1 23:28:32 CET 2005

jeremy avnet wrote:

> Regardless of the filesystem (i've used reiserfs, xfs, ext3),
> whenever I mount a fresh DRBD partition I get some nasty kernel
> messages.
>
> This is under Debian Sarge, Xen kernel 2.6.11.12-xen0 (dom0) using
> DRBD v0.7.11 (pulled from Debian "testing").

<SNIP>
Some time earlier on the list I summarized about some corruption that was
occuring as:
Stephan Rattai indicated "The bio_clone bug was introduced in kernel version
2.6.11-rc2 ... and fixed in 2.6.12.4" and Lars Ellenberg let us know 'drbd
uses them [bio clones] all the time'.

do you know for sure that your 2.6.11.12-xen0 has the bio clone fix patch?
or can you update to something post 2.6.12.4?

--
Todd Denniston