[DRBD-user] Need Advice from the Masters

Matthias Weigel matthias.weigel at maweos.de
Fri May 13 14:36:04 CEST 2005

Hello Lars,

Lars Ellenberg schrieb:
> / 2005-05-12 19:55:37 +0200
> \ Matthias Weigel:

>>1. what is the recommended/best way to encrypt drbd network traffic?
>
> the VPN of your choice.
Does this include something like stunnel?
Can anybody on this list share operating experience?

>>2. If multiple, independent network paths exist between primary and
>>secondary, can i configure DRBD to use more than one path? How is this
>>done? Multiple "address" statements?

> bonding devices

Ok. I think this is incompatible with my current setup:
I use drbd together with heartbeat. One network has a public service-IP,
the other is just a crossover cable. DRBD uses the public IPs (not the
service IP). The reason for the extra crossover-cable-network is, I want
to make sure no "both active" state is created in case of a
network/patch/switch failure.
Have to look into it...

Best Regards

Matthias