[DRBD-user] Behaviour of drbd-secondary

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Mar 23 15:15:06 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2005 13:50 schrieb Helmut Wollmersdorfer:
> Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > Please hold you feets still until DRBD-0.8 is released. In DRBD-0.8 we
> > will support primary/primary, and with on of OCFS2, openGFS or GFS
> > you will be able to build such a setup.
>
> Do I understand correctly, that plain FSs like EXT3 or XFS could not be
> used, because of missing appropriate lock-mechanisms? And mounting
> read-only of EXT3/XFS on the DRBD-Secondary will also not be possible?

Right. This is the reason why you get an EBUSY on Linux-2.6 & drbd-0.7
when you try to mount a device in secondary state.

[...]

> Can you expect a ready-to-test date for 0.8?

drbd-0.8 works already surprisingly good. Primary/primary is already
in SVN.... I just had not found the time to really test it
with one of the physical parallel file systems.

But there is still item 16 on the ROADMAP, and I want to have
that in before doing the first pre release. It might happen
by the end of April

-Philipp