[DRBD-user] expected behaviour after primary crash and reconnect.

Peter Kruse pk at q-leap.com
Wed Mar 23 10:20:13 CET 2005

Hello,

Finally a chance to try drbd 0.7.10 with kernel 2.6.11 :-)  and already
have a question:

what is the expected behaviour if primary goes down, secondary takes
over (via "drbdadm primary <resource>") and old primary comes up again?

I observed that the new primary goes into StandAlone Primary/Unknown
state and stays there.  On boot of the old primary the connection
is not made automatically, instead I have to do
"drbdadm connect <resource>" on the new primary to initiate the
partial sync.  Why is it not possible to initiate the connection
on the old primary?

I would expect that on boot of the old primary the connection
is done automatically and initiated by the old primary.
How can I accomplish this?  Would it be enough to just
do "drbdadm connect <resource>" right after "drbdadm primary <resource>"
even if the peer is not available?

Regards,

	Peter