[DRBD-user] Re: initial formatting of /dev/drbd0 device (with internalmetadata)

Brett Bolen hbbolen at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 20:52:24 CET 2005

Todd Denniston wrote:
> Brett Bolen wrote:
>

>>When I initially format moe's drive, can I just
>>
>>   mke2fs -j /dev/sda1

 >You just invalidated your premise of putting drbd on a blank disk,
 >i.e., you
 >put a filesystem on the lower level device.

Of course this is a typo.  replace /dev/sda1 with /dev/drbd0 or
whatever is in the /etc/drbd.conf file.

And you go on to say that this is correct, and that 'mke2fs /dev/drbd0'
automatically reduces the disk size by the size of the metadata.

Thank you, Todd.  That was what I did not find in the docs.

b²