[DRBD-user] resize testing

Sean allins at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Mar 16 16:13:05 CET 2005

Hello all,
Just started testing yesterday the resize2fs in preparation of a drbd
version upgrade. OS is Fedora Core 3 with ext3.  Steps I'm trying are:

resize2fs to shrink the filesystem
fdisk to resize the partition

When I try f2sck at this point, can't read any of the superblocks. I've
even tried upgrading the e2fsprogs to the most current. Don't know how
to fix.

Am I missing something obvious? At this point, I'm starting to think I
should shut down the secondary node, rebuild filesystem from scratch,
mount as a normal ext3 to rsync data from primary, and then configure to
use drbd.

Any suggestions are most welcome.
Sean