[DRBD-user] Re: Operation not permitted, works with another machine

Matti Paksula matti.paksula at iki.fi
Thu Mar 10 12:09:59 CET 2005

Hello again,

I'm sorry if the answer for my question is too obvious, but I really
don't have any clue what's going on here.  I've spent a lot time reading
archives and documentation.

 > root <at> server1:# drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/cciss/c0d0p7
internal -1 --on-io-error=detach

ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Operation not permitted

I can mkfs /dev/cciss/c0d0p7 ok, everything should be alright.  And I've
setup DRBD before on different machines.