[DRBD-user] drbd installation module compilation

stefan stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Wed Mar 2 08:25:49 CET 2005

Hello list,

I want to use drbd with ultramonkey on debian sarge.
I tried to use drbd 0.7.10-2 but I dont get it work. I couldn find an
installation guide for debian and this version. The website is outdadet, nothing
to find there but blank sites.

unpack the drbd going to /usr/src/modules/drbd
make dont work for me

monkey2:/usr/src/modules/drbd# make
make: *** user: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

Itried to compile  the drbd module. The module isnt found. I do depmod -ae the
answer is:

monkey2:/usr/src/modules/drbd# depmod -ae
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.22-1-ipvs-386/modules/drbd/Makefile is not an ELF
file...list of files that arent ELF files

How can I install drbd with kernel 2.4.22-ipvs-386??

tia

stefan