[DRBD-user] 3 simple questions for a nifty setup

ephigenie at g-house.de ephigenie at g-house.de
Thu Jun 30 23:47:25 CEST 2005

hi Paddy
and all you others -

so i was definitly thinking, i could use one box for read-write and
the others only read-only .

so i missed something - maybe i read too much from the fr1 + enbd code
and thought that was already adapted in drbd.
Sorry about that - now i know these were completely different things.

hm but that answered my questions ...

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction - but wouldn't it
be much more comfortable to have just a bunch of networked block devices
with the ability to fail over for each other like a raid level 5 ?

it's just because i can't imagine how to scale this setup ... along with *only*
2 servers. ok - this is another issue

i hope i wasn't writing too much crap in here.

thanks in advance,
malte