[DRBD-user] Debian DRBD + VSERVER install and management question

Dominique Chabord dominique.chabord at bluedjinn.com
Wed Jun 29 17:48:46 CEST 2005

Hello Helmut,

Your mention rose my attention.

Le 29 juin 05, à 09:42, Helmut Wollmersdorfer a écrit :

>  BTW, this uses the vserver patch, which is an interesting
> combination[2].

For some studies about disaster tolerance, I'm planning to implement
VSERVERs replication with DRBD, I mean replicating the full vserver
directory. Is it what you are using ?
We use Debian Sarge kernel 2.4.29 patched, three hardware servers and
ten vservers. Our objective is to guaranty all ten vservers are always
up once and there is always a replicated copy of them among the three
vservers. We now have all the pieces, but never integrated the whole
picture.

my questions:
How reliable vserver restart on replicated volume has proven to be ?

Any hints before we start digging any further ?

Thank you for any comment.
Dominique Chabord

PS: our vservers are here : www.sisalp.net and generalized failover
capabilities are there : www.shaman-x.com