[DRBD-user] [Q] How do I use drbdsetup resize with LVM and no secondary?

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Wed Jun 15 16:40:53 CEST 2005

I have drbd running atop LVM on a primary box. The secondary hardware
does not exist yet. Can I still resize in this situation or would
drbdsetup complain there is no corresponding hardware to talk to?

Second, will drbd be able to figure out how big the LVM is and just
resize on the command "drbd resize" or do I need to specify it and if
so, do I just use the size given by lvdisplay exactly as it is given?
I am assuming drbd takes some tiny amount off for its metadata.

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu