[DRBD-user] Moving underlying scsi devices

List list at fsenetwork.com
Mon Jun 13 12:48:12 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seuberth, Frank" <F.Seuberth at ing-diba.de>
To: <drbd-user at lists.linbit.com>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 12:08 PM
Subject: AW: [DRBD-user] Moving underlying scsi devices

Dear Frank,

thanks for answers.

> I think devfs does it !

You're right, devfs or udev (preferred by SuSi) will keep my current config
but I think this isn't the best solution.

IMHO is the best solution to have absolutely the same config on both
machines, what suggests to migrate the drbd-devices on the primary machine
to their new scsi numbering, which will be the same as on the secondary.
This is best done without reconfiguring the whole device and resync but with
upgrading the existing config.
And here again my question: is it possible?

Regards,
Thomas