[DRBD-user] compilation error: unregister_ioctl32_conversion amd64

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 9 11:41:54 CEST 2005

> The module compile now correctely, without error/warning.
> When I insert it, no error.
>
> But please I have a question :
> But does-it mean ? Is it important ?

it means that you now won't be able to communicate with the module
from the 32bit user space.

so ok, I did not mention one other option: you can try and compile the
drbd userspace tools completely native 64bit including all libraries and
stuff, then it uses the 64bit kernel interface, and does not need the
"compat" (32bit user space <-> 64bit kernel) interface you now have
thrown out.

if you are happy with that, go ahead.