[DRBD-user] Minor version upgrade procedures

Diego Julian Remolina dijuremo at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 8 16:33:52 CEST 2005

Hi,

Are there any precautions that need to be taken to upgrade between minor
versions?  I am currently running 0.7.10 and 0.7.11 is out. Any reasons not to
upgrade?

I have already compiled the rpms and was planning to do the following:

1. Stop HA and drbd on NODE2
2. Reboot NODE2 in single user mode
3. rpm -e drbd-0.7.10 NODE2
4. rpm -ivh drbd-0.7.11 NODE2
5. Go to run level 3 and let NODE2 come to a consistent state.
6. Bring down the NODE1 so that the NODE2 takes over through HA.
7. Boot NODE1 in single user mode
8. rpm -e drbd-0.7.10 NODE1
9. rpm -ivh drbd-0.7.11 NODE1.
10. Bring NODE1 back up and let it become the PRIMARY.

Questions:
- Does this look like a good/safe procedure?
- Should I avoid the reboots and simply stop ha and drbd and rmmod the drbd
module and then just rpm -Uvh drbd-0.7.11, load the module again and start drbd
and ha?
- Is it fine to run 0.7.10 on primary and 0.7.11 on secondary during the
upgrade?  Will this cause problems?

Diego