[DRBD-user] Questions I'm sure have been asked before..

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 6 20:17:33 CEST 2005

[back to drbd-user at lists.linbit.com]

nick wrote:
> Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

>> I don't know, what you have in /var, but usually there will be e.g.
>> /var/log/syslog which is not a good idea to mirror. If you only want
>> to mirror your mails, mirroring /var/mail should be enough.

> I'd like to mirror /var/mail for my users, then /var/spool/postfix for
> my queue, this would require 2 seperate instances, correct?

You can have them on one DRBD resource too, e.g. if /ha is your
mountpoint, you can have /ha/mail and /ha/spool/postfix.

> Ok, so I don't want to create a filesystem, because one exists already,
> all I should have to do is mount it.

Hmm, if your /var is now on _one_ partition and you cannot mirror /var
completely, you will need to copy /var/mail and /var/spool to a new
partition.

But keep in mind, that heartbeat does the mount, if heartbeat is
configured. This also needs no entry in /etc/fstab.

[...]

> So I'd need to add a line to haresources with
> drbddisk::drbd0 Filesystem::/var/spool/postfix::ext3 \
> drbddisk::drbd1 Filesystem::/var/mail/::ext3 \
> drbddisk::drbd2 Filesystem::/home::ext3 \
> postfix (etc etc..)?

You will need a first line
   <node-name> <service-IP> \
too.