[DRBD-user] Message related to kernel in dmesg

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jun 1 20:48:46 CEST 2005

/ 2005-06-01 14:23:21 -0300
\ Jairo N C Raiol:
> Tentei vários procedimentos para eliminar esta mensagem, mas não obtive
> sucesso.
>
> Lembrando que o serviço está funcionando perfeitamente. Aparentemente tudo
> está funcionando como esperado. O espelhamento está ocorrendo.
>
> Isto é um pedaço do dmesg em um dos nodos:

most of us probably don't read portug^Wbrasil... ;)
> drbd: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> drbd: initialised. Version: 0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
> drbd: SVN Revision: 1799 build by lars at goose, 2005-05-23 15:25:30

uhm. if you compiled it yourself this really should no longer say
lars at goose 2005-05-23 ... mhm. I have to check the makefile...

anyways. if this is the only "suspect" message, you can
safely ignore it. you can get rid of it if you disable
modversion support in your kernel, rebuild and install
the kernel, recompile and install the drbd module.

versioning information for struct_module may be
difficult to get, maybe the automatic versioning does
not pick it up... I'm not sure about that, and the
whole modversion stuff. rather disable it, unless you
really know why you want to have it.

> Obrigado.

Bitte.